Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Feminine Pillowcases

I have this weird quirk about not mixing my pillowcase up with anyone else's. I know it's not like sharing underwear (kinda weird even if it's been washed...) or toothbrushes (eww, gross!) but I still imagine that I can smell my husband's hair products on my pillowcase even when it's been freshly laundered.

He thinks I'm crazy. Maybe I am.

For Christmas this year he asked for flannel sheets.The set I bought him came with flannel pillowcases as well and I was inspired to decorate my pillowcase with a bit of lace and ribbon. Such feminine charms are lost on my husband who can't stand frills. On the other hand, my heart skips a beat every night when I look at my handiwork. I figured this was a perfect compromise. My pillowcase is pretty. His is plain. They don't get mixed up. We're both satisfied.

It's a pretty simple project and took less than 10 minutes.

I wove the green ribbon through the lace and stitched it just to the open edge of the pillowcase about three inches in. I used two straight stitches down each side of the lace, not bothering to follow the scallops of the lace itself. At the end, I folded both the lace and the ribbon underneath, overlapped it by an inch, and stitched it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment