Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cookie Plates

I saw this cute idea on Pinterest a couple of months ago and decided to try it out. I purchased a few glass plates in varying sizes and a couple of  small glass vases and candlestick holders. (All from the thrift store, of course.) I carefully glued the vases and candlestick holders to the underside of each plate. Because I used graduated sizes, I can also stack them on top of each other.

Here's how they turned out:


I have used them on several occasions and have received compliments each time. I have found that using a wider based vase or candlestick gives the cookie plate more stability.

My only complaint is that using the E6000 glue means that the plates smell for a while. I suggest leaving them outside for a few days until the majority of the smell dissipates.

No comments:

Post a Comment